Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The great furniture debate. It REALLY is over this time. Really

It’s here. This is real life. It’s finally in my living room. And we love it.
The couch! The couch is here. Third time really is a charm!



We purchased a Lynch leather couch from England furniture. It is exactly what we wanted. Oversized, round arms, round bun feet, and best of all comfortable.  The leather color we chose was Salvador Copper. The color seems darker when it comes in a whole couch and not a tiny swatch. But I am ok with that. I picked out 2 different sets of throw pillows to accent the couch from about 300 different swatches the store had on hand.



It arrived last week, but I haven’t had time to take photos since the wonderful time change doesn’t allow for decent photos after work. I considered blogging about it when I placed the order..but I figured that could jinx me. And we already had some terrible couch shopping experiences.

Want to know the best part? It came in LESS THAN 3 WEEKS! Because it’s made in Tennessee and not China--like most leather couches--it was here 3 days ahead of the 3 week time frame they gave me from my order date. This was a serious plus.

Since my local store (or any others I could find within driving distance) didn’t carry this particular couch, it was a scary choice to order without sitting on it first. I read about 800 reviews before I wrote the check. But it all worked out in the end. (I'm not exaggerating when I say 800 reviews)


So far, it seems to be good quality. Soft, smooth leather and the cushions are firm but squishy enough so you don’t sink in too much. I will keep you updated on the quality over time. Hopefully (for sanity sake, and our bank account) this couch will last us several years.

Next on the list:
Replace the current rug we have with a soft and cushy one, and much bigger.
Build/ DIY a coffee table (I dream it, Adam builds it)

Here are a few living room shots for you as well since I suppose you really haven’t seen our living room very much with furniture.
not happy about photo taking during nap time.
Scout insisted on being in just about every single photo. He was in no mood for me to move his bed. I think he’s mad at us because we haven’t been letting him on this couch. Oops.

A view from the catwalk/loft.



the fireplace is still the real beauty of the room...
I love that the kitchen and dining are so open to the rest of the home.


My current mantle.
ignore the dirty soot...we use this baby every day.

My probably flea market best steal of the century. A PhilCo radio from 1941. THAT STILL TURNS ON. Guess how much I paid for it? Just guess...



I still love my chairs...even more that they have a pretty couch as their mate.

My old estate sale desk/table currently as a console table. I'm looking for something more solid like a dresser or old buffet. But for now, I like this.

Next to it sits my antiqued globe.

So there is my lovely couch. Finally. And my current living room. Did you ever think you would see the day? I didn't for awhile.

If you missed out other furniture shopping saga:
The beginning.
The middle that I thought was really the end at first.
I thought it was over.
The time I almost gave up and we would sit on lawn chairs forever.

30 comments:

  1. it all is coming together so beautifully!! those side chairs are to die for with the nail head trim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it... We just got ours delivered yesterday. I can't wait until this weekend when I can actually get some good photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! It looks totally worth the wait. Leather couches are a tough one but you nailed it.

    Poor Scout. Dude needs a leather dog bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Michelle. Scout thinks the couch is his new leather dog bed...but he is wrong!

      Delete
  4. Yayyyyy, you finally got it! And your living room looks beautiful! Please tell me how much you paid for that still-working-radio. I have a feeling I need to be sitting down when you tell me.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gabbi! It was worth the wait...I will tell you soon ;)

      Delete
  5. Love the couch! It's looks great in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It looks so comfy; and I love it with the chairs! The room turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks fantastic! I have to say though, I'm giving my family room and living room a critical eye now. lol I'm guessing you paid $12 for the radio. OR, you got it free when you bought something else. I don't know. I'm probably way off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! And I bet it'll only get better and better as it gets worn and soft. Delicious!!
    Kelly @ View Along the Way

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah! For finally getting your lovely sofa looks great in your living room & wow I'm loving those super tall ceilings! Nice! So know what you mean about the time change and pictures, it really messes up my blogging, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katrina, the ceilings are one of our best features ;)

      Delete
  10. your style is beautiful! i am LOVING those chairs! we are also on the hunt for a new rug for our living room... where are you thinking of looking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah, I have been waiting for a rugsusa sale...but also i've been eyeing a few on overstock.

      Delete
  11. This has been a great blog. Thanks for sharing. I have been trying to find something like this too. calgary estate home builders

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have wanted to build a home for a while but never knew how to go about it. This blog has been an amazing help. Thanks for the help.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man. That's gorgeous for real. The couch is perfection, and I love that layout - now you've got me thinking!! Hmmmmmm..............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks the layout was actually adam's doing. i had things all switched around...he wanted better tv viewing. but it works for conversation-ing too!

      Delete
  14. Scout looks like he needs a roomier bed. :P Can I have that rug? Holy poo...you're replacing it? I seriously love that rug. The couch looks awesome. Once we get settled I'll have to go through the same thing and find the perfect couch...

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its looking too beautiful. I first thank you for sharing. Looking awesome. Stairlifts.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics