Friday, October 4, 2013

The Great Furniture Debate: Is NOT over. Crap.

Hey guys remember this post when I was SOSO excited I ordered a couch and I was in love with it and couldn’t wait to get the gorgeous furniture delivered…

WELL you are not even going to believe this…the furniture gods were like LOLNO
Because I got a call that my couch is no longer being manufactured!

Me right now...

I'm not kidding--this is how my conversation with the furniture store went:

Furniture salesman: Sorry to tell you this Trina, but the couch you ordered is not being manufactured by Lane anymore. Lane canceled the order we placed.
Me: *Puts the phone on mute, screams...unmute* Are you serious? Why?
Salesman: Well Lane has laid-off a lot of employees. They are downsizing quite a bit.
Me: Well, ok…what else can you suggest that is similar to this style that I can look at tomorrow?
Salesman: Hm well, we get new stuff in all the time! Check back in a few months!

Um hello? I have money to spend on a very nice couch. I even have cash. You have couches. Can you sell me a couch please?…that they still manufacture. Preferably.

Seriously. Back to square one…for the third time. I am on the couch hunt. Again. 
This is getting exhausting.

Read more about this furniture shopping series (REALLY! This has become a series)


Have you ever heard someone have such bad couch karma? 
Someone sell me a couch! 

21 comments:

  1. You do look quite grumpy in your photo.

    Not helping?

    Sorry about the couch. I'd be horribly upset too. First world problems are very hard. Have you tried Ethan Allen? I swear by our couches. They are just as comfortable now as they were 5 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no but I am going to check them out right now! ike seems to approve so i feel like scout won't hate it

      Delete
  2. Just was not meant to be! There must be something really great waiting for you out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm seriously pissed off on your behalf. But I have a really trashy couch that's ready for the curb...I'd be happy to put your name on it. It's really comfy.... :P

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH NO! We start our shopping this weekend... this is not making me feel better about finding something quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good luck it could take A LOT longer than you thought!! but maybe you don't have bad couch karma!

      Delete
  5. OH. MY. GOSH. Seriously, HOW is this happening?!?!?! Obviously, the couch meant to be in your home just hasn't been found yet. There has to be a reason for all of this ridiculousness. So sorry for your troubles, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS-I DIEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD when I saw that picture of the cat. Like, ugly laughing in my cube, died.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! That's horrible!!! I will be sending good sofa vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you horribly mistreat a couch in a past life or something? What the heck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no your kidding that sucks!!! This just means a better sofa is out there, right!! Have you check the sofas at JCP - when I was in there recently they had some fantastic ones

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is RIDIC!!!! West Elm has some super cute ones too we have seen....stay strong!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Leah, I haven't looked at their stuff in awhile...i better check them out again!!

      Delete
  11. Take a trip to Good's Furniture in Kewanee. Make a weekend of it and stay at their bed & breakfast and eat at their Wine Cellar. They have a ton of furniture lines to choose from. ;-) I can sell you an ugly one if that helps you out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. UGH!!! We are in our own version of couch issues now! we are just having the WORST TIME finding ones we like. thanks for these posts/ideas! i am starting to dislike shopping (well, furniture shopping) and that is just WRONG!! :) just thought you could sympathize :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics