Thursday, November 7, 2013

Weekend makeup routine & Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation Review {Sponsored}

Time out.
I know this blog is 99% about house and home décor, and (letsbehonest) pictures of my dog... but I am the blog owner here--and I do what I want!....and I have other likes. So please excuse this short home decor & DIY break while I rave about something super girly. Makeup.  

Don't worry, we won't go crazy since this is only the first of possibly more beauty posts. Today I share my weekend beauty routine. It's simple and short:
  • Wash face
  • Apply moisturizer
  • Brush hair, put in pony
  • apply foundation
  • brush on a dash of bronzer
  • Put on yoga pants and zippy
  • head out the door!
I was given Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation to review. I am one of the very first to test Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation - it doesn't even hit stores until January 2014! To be honest with you, I was skeptical to try it at first. I have been a mineral foundation girl for quite some time. But, I love trying new makeup and beauty products, so I was up for giving it a shot.
Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation

I tried the True Ivory color. Although I am Italian... I am seriously fair skinned, especially in the winter when there are less days spent outside in the sun. 
The color blended perfectly with my skin tone.It was easy to apply, I just used my fingers. But anyone who uses brushes or sponges wouldn't have a problem either. The foundation is smooth and just the right amount of creamy. Not to mention, it was feather light when I applied it. It didn’t feel at all cake-y or thick on my skin. My face was immediately flawless. 
Best part: at the end of a day of running errands and even a nap on the couch... I was still pleased with my skin. No blotchiness, nothing creasing around my eyes.

I will most definitely purchase this as something to wear on weekends—when I want to slap on a little base color and go out the door. Worry free makeup is my best friend on Saturday mornings when I need to get out the door to run errands!

This makeup is a winner. I’m thrilled with the turn out, and hope my sample can last me until it hits shelves in January! If you like worry free, light as air-nothing there, but still full coverage makeup. This is for you. Have you tried it too? Let me know what you think!

Do you have a different makeup routine on weekends too?
Have you ever been skeptical about a makeup and turned out loving it?



*I received Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation for free to review.. All opinions are 110% my own.

4 comments:

  1. Good god... everything I use dries my skin out. I have YET to find something that doesn't. I like makeup posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still searching for the perfect makeup. To be honest I usually don't wear anything on the weekends/days I don't work! Actually I only wear mascara 50% of the time when I am at work also. I should probably wear it more as I am starting to get wrinkles! eeeekk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always looking for new makeup for my skin! Definitely will give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will it make me look 25?!?!? :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics