Monday, December 2, 2013

Dare to Entertain: Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates

We love to entertain. Especially during the holidays. We usually host a winder cocktail party and we always try to make the drinks & food menu fit the dress code.

I can only give credit to my mother for introducing me to these "fancy" appetizers.
They sound fancy, they look fancy, they taste fancy. But they're actually pretty easy to make.

I'm going to share the recipe so you too can make your guests think you are a fancy-pants host.


Ingredients
pitted dates
Bacon
crumbled blue cheese
balsamic glaze
toothpicks

gather your ingredients
Directions
Stuff your dates with blue cheese. Make them really cheesy. Squeeze them shut.
Wrap your dates with the bacon. 
Secure with toothpick.
Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the wrapped dates.
Cook on 350 degrees until the bacon is nice and crisp. (Mine cooked about 15 minutes.)

Serve. Be fancy. 

Ready to be wrapped in bacon.
Stuffed dates. Best when paired with a equally fancy cocktail.
Sharing this on the Dare to DIY link party @ Maybe Matilda


25 comments:

  1. I have never eaten a date before! But I want to try them...especially like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they arent bad, but they are especially good stuff with cheese and wrapped in bacon!

      Delete
  2. you had me at "bacon wrapped"! seriously--they look very yummy and very fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Gretchen! Anything sounds good wrapped in bacon to me too!

      Delete
  3. Yummmmmmm…. my mouth is officially watering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom makes something like these... i don't eat bacon but when it comes to these i make the exception once a year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could always be more fancy! I definitely need to try these! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's fun to add a little fancy in there once in awhile!

      Delete
  6. I've never eaten a date before either. Every time someone mentions a date, I think of the monkey who died in Indiana Jones by eating the poisoned dates. Maybe that has something to do with it. But anything with bacon...mmm.....

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious and they include all of my husband's favorite foods! I don't think I've ever eaten a date before either, but I'd love to try these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they sound kind of gross (dates) but they aren't bad at all! they are like a cousin to the raisin...but can be stuffed and wrapped ;)

      Delete
  8. I've never had a date before but I love bacon, blue cheese, and balsamic so these are a winner in my book! Can't wait to try them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should try them! I know dates sound weird, but they are good stuffed and wrapped!

      Delete
  9. These look awesome and totally fancy! I'm impressed! :) Definitely want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. okay, i think i just read the whole entire blog! congrats! i really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I've never tasted a date, but bacon wrapped anything sounds awesome to me. And three cheers for looking fancy but being simple to pull together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally fancy! And I'm not a date fan but I would try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Trina! We just wanted to let you know that we nominated you for a little blog award called the Liebster Award! Eric and I have been checking out your blog and are really enjoying it. If you haven't heard of it, its just a little something for one blogger to give another - find out more at http://www.addsomecharacter.com/liebster-award/.

    Holy cow, those look AMAZING. What was your fancy cocktail??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well THANK YOU!! We paired it with wine and gin martini's this time around!

      Delete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics