Thursday, January 29, 2015

PB2 is Heaven Sent & a Smoothie Recipe

I have to thank my sister Eliza for this find. I am a peanut butter girl. I love all things with peanut butter.
All the deserts with peanut butter, smoothies, milkshakes, candy, peanut butter sauces for noodles and chicken...everything peanut butter is good in my book. Even celery with peanut butter...and raisins too of course. You have to have the ants on the log.

However, being a PB lover...the ~diet~ peanut butter is unacceptable.
Gross. Disgusting. I can't believe people eat that crap.

So when my sister told me about the PB2...a jar of powder that is a substitute for peanut butter. I told her that sounded sick and we needed to talk about something else.
Then she gifted me a jar. I tried it...
I'm sorry Liza. I'm sorry for all the mean things I said about PB2. I thought it was another fake disgusting diet peanut butter substitute. I take it all back. It is none of these things.

Source
It is heaven sent. It's amazing and fabulous and I can't stop telling people about it. Now, I have not used it as peanut butter on a PBJ sandwich. I don't think I would even TRY that because I love the rich creamy real stuff. But for baking, smoothies, or even mixed in with a few spoonfuls of fat free cool whip....yum.

I use it mostly in smoothies. Because I am the proud owner of a kick-butt Vitamix and I cannot get enough smoothies.

The Vitamix is the queen of all blenders.

PB2 is more than just taste. It's better for you too. PB2 claims to have 85% less fat calories than regular peanut butter. I'm not exactly dieting right now since I'm currently 9 months pregnant with little babyN. However, it never hurts to love healthy foods.

I found this chart on their website:
Source

Oh and that is not all. There is a bonus. PB2's beautiful cousin PB2 With Premium Chocolate is also a beautiful jar of delicious peanut buttery chocolate without feeling guilty. I just purchased this baby this week. I will say...it's REALLY damn good in a banana smoothie. Without the guilt. Buy this. Get the two pack.
source

It's not even expensive either. It was about 5 bucks at my local grocery store..and it's even cheaper on Amazon if you buy BOTH at once. Do it. Buy them. Buy it in bulk. You will thank me.

Try this smoothie, it's made almost daily at my house.


I found more recipes at PB2's website. I'm definitely going to try making a desert with it! PB2 Recipes

Have you tried PB2? 
Any other peanut butter fanatics out there?  All this peanut butter talk...I think I need a Reese's PB V-DAY heart a.s.a.p.


P.S. I was NOT compensated in any way for this post. The people at PB2 have no idea I exist.. I just wanted to share my new favorite product with you!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I have seen this a million times but never scooped it up. You sold me!

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics