Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Recipe: RED HOT Slow Cooker Applesauce

One of the simplest and yummiest fall recipes ever today! Homemade crockpot applesauce, with a twist!


Ingredients
Approx. 15 small green apples
1/3 cup of stevia/sugar
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 cup red hot candies
Crock pot
  • Start by cutting your apples from the core. You can use any kind of apples you like. I’ve seen people use red, but I used green apples. They are the best. TIP: The best ones to get are preferably picked from an apple tree you planted as a 6 year old, but I know most people don’t plan that far ahead like me… 
  • You don’t even have to peel them. I didn't. I don’t have an apple peeler/corer. So I just roll with it. 
  • Cut your apples & throw in crock pot.
  • Mix your sugar/sweetener and cinnamon in one container, then sprinkle it over the mound of apples.
  • Pour your ½ cup of water over the apples.
  • Cook on low for about 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours. 
  • Stir about halfway through and do some mushing with a potato masher. Cook some more.
  • When it’s about finished the apples will be brownish and smell amazing, dump in your red hot candies. Stir until melted and blended. If you like a little extra pizzaz add a whole cup!
Serve. I like mine warm, but you can cool yours in the fridge and even freeze it if you like.  It turned out better than I thought. Easy, delicious. 
Step 1, clean and cut apples.

Step 2, add ingredients then slow cook!

After 7 hours of slow cookin'...Ready for the red hots!
Yum, there you have it. 

Adam complained that I should have made him and his friend a pie... Men.

Have you ever made homemade applesauce?
Did your mom used to put red hots in your applesauce as a kid?

10 comments:

  1. I don't think the red hots would even make it to the applesauce in my house. I LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i am not a big red hots girl...only in my applesauce :)

      Delete
  2. Okay, I'm getting Doc's DeLorean, going back thir...... never mind years, planting an apple tree and making crock-pot applesauce. You've talked me into it. :P

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andi! Like I don't get enough B2TF references at home from my husband...now on my very own blog too!

      ;)

      Delete
  3. Bahaha. I totally don't plan ahead like you.

    I'm intrigued by red hots and applesauce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nooooo I've never heard of the red hots in applesauce, HOWEVER I have to give this a whirl. Looks delish :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, sounds like my husband! I never heard of adding red hots, but this sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics