Friday, July 12, 2013

Kane County Flea Market shopping experience

Last weekend I took a day trip to the Kane County Flea Market with my mom to see what kind of deals & steals we could bring home. Although we are flea market queens, we hadn’t made it to the Kane County Flea market in years. We weren’t sure what to expect.

We arrived right at noon (Saturday it’s only open 12-5) and it was already packed. A majority of the fairgrounds was filled with vendors, even most of the barns.  We started outside thinking we would save the indoor vendors for when we needed to cool down. It was about 90 degrees and sunny. So we anticipated needing a break from the sun.
goodies at July Kane County Flea Market
My mom and I guessed there were approximately 500ish vendors this weekend. Maybe more, maybe less. Booths were filled with beautiful furniture, vintage treasures, fun junk-type finds, jewelry, food…really anything you can imagine.  We spent the first two hours trying to navigate the layout and going in and out of booths. We were able to make a few purchases and the dealers gave us great deals without too much haggling required.

We both seriously considered taking a few of these home with us...maybe next time!
stacked rock fountains!
Double gorgeous ombre dressers



old tables at Kane County Flea Market, July 2013
We took a late lunch snack break at one of the food stands then finished walking the fairgrounds.  After we thought we had walked the entire flea market we went back for the items we couldn’t decide on earlier. We made a few deals and then pulled the car in to load up our treasures.


Where: Kane County Flea Market, located at the fairgrounds in St. Charles, IL 
When: It's always the first Sunday of each month and the Saturday before, March-December.

Want to see my loot?
Large wicker basket, old green file box, Globe & stand, vintage school map.
 Want to know how much I spent?

$45 bucks for all of it. Yep. Deals!
The globe/stand and the vintage school map are both getting some makeovers before they find their spots in the house. But the basket and tin file box just need to be cleaned up.

Been to any flea markets lately?
Have you ever been to Kane County Flea Market?

27 comments:

  1. So fun! We go occasionally, but I get overwhelmed easily with all 500+ vendors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was easy to get overwhelmed believe me, but so much good stuff to look at!!

      Delete
  2. Ahh fun times!! You got some good loot! Those ombre dressers are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO JEALOUS of the map and globe! I've been looking for both forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Amy, you should do some flea market shopping! they were all over!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the map and globe!! So gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for deals!!

    There is an auction tomorrow that Mike is heading to, but I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to go yet. I don't think it's my kind of auction, and is more like....non-old furniture and electronics. Not my idea of a good time, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol this is funny because now i know what Mike brought home!

      Delete
  6. I think my husband will try and sell me at a flea market if I start shopping at them. As if he could.... Great finds!!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's awesome! I've never been to a flea market, but they look like fun - and like good people watching ;) haha
    Next time you come up for the flea market, maybe we can have an awkward meetup :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you need to go to this one!!
      & yes! i am all for it, must be in a public place incase you are a kidnapper in disguise....

      Delete
  8. I can't believe you got all that for $45! I would think the map alone would be more than that!
    We actually went there last month; we live about 15 min from the fair grounds! I'm with Ashley, next time let's do an awkward meet up, lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i am allll for awkward meetups. and only 15 min from the fairgrounds could be dangerous for me! lucky you!

      Delete
  9. Love the map! I've been on the hunt for one of those too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those and globes seem to be the hot items at flea markets this year so I bet you could find one!

      Delete
  10. i love thisd types of post. thanks to share this post.
    Toowoomba display homes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh I was drooling over all the stuff in the pics! Sounds like a great flea market!
    Kelly @ View Along the Way

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this flea market, hope to find such as this in my place.
    kitchen remodeling san francisco

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at that loot! Looks like a super fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome finds! I love that old file box! Over the weekend, I just hit up our local antique fair, so many goodies! I ended going home with a vintage first aide kit its so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that looked like a ton of fun! I'd love to go to a flea market like that. I'm all about a good furniture makeover. Can't wait to see what you do with the globe & map!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics