Monday, March 25, 2013

Simple DIY Patio Table reveal

My handsome husband is a better handyman than I gave him credit for. One Sunday afternoon we were  looking at patio furniture and wishing our tax returns weren't already budgets to go towards our pesky student loans. We loved some of the big solid patio tables, but didn't like the price. The ones we really loved were at least $300, if not more.

Then Adam had an idea. Let's just build a house patio table!  So for about $50 worth of salt treated lumber, and about 2 hours of work on a Sunday afternoon. We did.

Here she is all stained and in her new spot. I didn't even wait for it to dry before I took the pics...as you can probably tell.


We plan to get different chairs of course---but these old chairs I picked up at estate auction a few years back are just fine for the two of us now.
















 And now if we can get rid of this snow AGAIN, we can enjoy it and our view!


 How to, plans, and details coming this week, stayed tuned!

17 comments:

  1. I am drooling over this table. I'm so jealous of your handy skills! Great job, you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee! I'm looking forward to the plans. We need to upgrade our outdoor table this season, and this is great inspiration to just do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for patio tables! It looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's perfect, and so is that price tag!! #DIYisthewaytogo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do like the price tag much better than the store bought!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous! I want a big outdoor table like that but I need a deck first :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME! Love the table and kudos to hubs for suggesting the DIY approach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, me likey! This is on our (okay, Nate's) to-do list! Come on summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, gorgeous table! I think it's safe to say I like your style too ;)

    and GO AWAY SNOW. So ready for spring over here too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popping over from Decor and the Dog- this is awesome! I'm so inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics