Monday, March 4, 2013

Estate Auction Deals

We are getting old. We were in bed before 10 p.m. on Friday night, and then woke up before 7 a.m. Saturday to do housework. By 9 a.m. it was time to stop the housework and get ready to go to an auction. And not just any auction. An Estate auction. This is where to get the deals around here.

On our short 20 minute drive, we went over a pretty covered bridge...


inside..
Adam and I arrived right as it started and they had wagons full of goodies. Old dishes, antique crates, christmas decor, frames, bar signs and beer advertisements...lots of stuff.
The driveway was lined with old antique furniture. I had my eye on a few pieces.


When we arrived I immediately said:
"I'm getting this door" 
and adam responded with: "there are two old doors still in the garage from the last auction..."
snow on the pretty door...
I didn't get the door.



a hodge podge of mismatched chairs.
and some old frames.
One of the auctioneers showing off this sweet chandy that I also did not buy.

old frames.

cool stuff. weird stuff.

Ready to see what we took home?!

7 dolla each!
Two of the many many chairs...I wanted more...
 Scout inspected them when we brought them in and OK'd them for use.
Inspector La Rue

We were the winning bid on this junky old dresser for 20 bucks. It needs some a lot of work. But I have a plan...
old and falling apart...ready for a makeover!

And our favorite deal of the day, this beauty.
we love her. yes, her.
and she came with a matching mirror.


She needs a little cleaning but that's it. She only has a tiny bit of rough spots, but I think it adds to the charm. The hardware is all original and it sits on cute little casters.
This is my favorite item to date I have purchased from an estate sale or auction. In my next post I will show you where her new home is in the house.

NOT PICTURED: Adam was the winning bidder at $15 on a 85 Bears Superbowl bar mirror. IDK. To me it was not blog worthy but he was thrilled. He also won a few other things bar items

We stood out in the COLD and SNOW from 10 a.m. until about 1:30 to get these deals. But they were worth it! We had fun. I'm so nosy so to me it was interesting to see what some of the stuff went for.

Have you ever gone to an Estate Auction?
Would you stand out in the cold and snow for over 3 hours for deals?
Who else things I should have gotten that door?!

12 comments:

  1. Oooooo, love your finds!!

    You should have totally purchased that door. Never listen to the husband. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we would have stayed long enough for the door sale it may have come home with us...especially if it was during a warm up break for adam in the car

      Delete
  2. We looooove estate auctions!!! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if that's old, then we're old too! I love your finds, can't wait to see what you do with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, your bed time sounds like ours on a Friday night too...especially during busy season. We are beat from the work week, and hubby needs to put in a full day on Saturday. Boooo! But awesome finds at the estate auction! I have never been to one, but it looks like it'd be a lot of fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hаve read sеveral exсellent stuff here.

    Ceгtaіnly worth bookmarking foг revisіting.
    I surpгіsе how a lot аttempt уou ρlaсе to maκe
    this soгt οf great informatiνe wеb ѕite.


    my homepаgе ... Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome finds! I wish we had good estate sales around here! This makes me excited for the return of yard sale season though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, I'm pretty sure I've been on that bridge....I'm about to ask the hubs where this is. We're from the west side of Evansville and he's got family in IL! Anyway, love those chairs. You guys are braver than me...after 45 min I think my toes would be frozen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you have!! There are lots of covered bridges in our area...there is even a festival call the covered bridge festival! This bridge is outside of Greenup, IL, (we leave in the Effingham, IL area)

      And my toes WERE froze but I am dedicated...plus we did turns in the car to warm up!

      Delete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics