Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A new home for my estate auction find

On Monday I showed you my finds from the estate auction we went to this past weekend. Our favorite piece from the sale was originally going to be put next to the dining table and used as a buffet. But when we got her home we decided she was really a perfect fit for somewhere else.

There is a nook right next to our bedroom...

What do you know it was a perfect fit. We just shimmied her straight back on her cute little casters.

A close up.
And now the fun part: styling it.


I would really love to have a large mirror instead of a framed print, but this one will do for now. When I hauled it up from the basement Adam reminded me he dislikes the cat print...oops...but time to go art shopping?!


I hate that stupid vent above it, I am going to paint it the same color as the wall. (Sherwin Williams Restrained Gold) Maybe it will blend better and it won't stick out as much.


The little Isabel Bloom love birds are a gift from my mom. The vase and candle were one of our wedding day centerpieces. Wine corks now replace the flowers that were in them on our wedding day.

I will definitely be playing around with how I decorate this space this week. I just wanted to get a feel for what size mirror I should be on the lookout for.

Part of why I like this piece is that it is versatile. But right now it is a perfect fit in our nook.

Any print suggestions? 
Where do you print shop? Any good etsy shops?


14 comments:

  1. What a perfect fit! Love itt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty piece of furniture. Are you having fun furnishing your new amazing house yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, it was made for that space! What a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like when things are meant to live in your house.

    Let me know how the vent painting goes. I need to do it but I'm scared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dresser is absolutely gorgeous! And it fits there perfectly! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect spot. I'm in LOVE with that piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love it. Your little birdie makes it that much cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That looks like it was made to be there! What a beautiful dresser and a perfect fit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice article, exactly what I needed.

    my blog www.bardinfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great little piece! I totally have a vent like that - I painted mine the same as the wall color and I feel like it looks better. I love all of those pretty vent remakes on pinterest...maybe one day I will attempt something like that. Its looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with the comments. It’s a really nice fit, and I love its vintage design. The vent doesn’t look so bad, but that’s just me.

    Trudy Nearn

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics