Monday, August 13, 2012

Paint Picking out

Here is my problem. I have never picked out paint for walls. Ever.  Okok, wait---when my parents redid my bedroom when I was 13 I picked out key lime for my walls. Key lime.

We have been living in rental houses for the past few years. And what is the point of painting a rental right? So we have been living with white walls. I am soso ready for some color in my life!

What am I leaning towards for wall colors? Not key lime. But beiges. beige beige beige. I might explore a little later on down the road, but my plan is to mix things up with color in my accessories. This way, it's also easier for me to switch up my style. Baby steps.

So here are some of the options for the great room, hallway area...and possibly the kitchen too.

Macadamia by Sherwin Williams

Kilim Biege again by SW


What do you think? I also have about 16 other beiges that I am considering. Those were just the favorites of the day. It changes daily. There are way too many options.

And with such an open floor plan how do you decide where one color stops and another begins? Is it safer to just have all the main living areas one color?

I tried to get one the griege train. But, grey just isn't a color I could live with. I am more of a warm neutrals kind of girl.

p.s. Sherwin Williams did not sponsor this post or anything. We just get a discount since we are Illinois Farm Bureau members. I holla for a dolla honey boo boo child. 

Honey Boo Boo child

Do you have any paint picking out tips for me? 
Am I going too bland....even if I plan to add color with my accessories?
Have any suggestions of your favorite beiges? 

Next up, Master bedroom color scheming. 

11 comments:

  1. I like the kilim beige the best out of those two.

    We ended up just doing one color throughout (minus the laundry room) because our plan is so open. I wasn't sure where to stop one color and start another. At first I was worried that it would be too boring, but I actually really like how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the top one best! -- but I'm a gray girl ;) I would just do one color throughout the main area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with either choice! I think the top one is slightly richer, but the bottom one would be a little brighter if you're wanting a light airy look. I'd stick with one color in the main area. I can never decide what I want either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You crack me up! I think I'm leaning towards the first one - looks a bit richer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second one!

    Also, what the heck is up with all the honey boo boo references lately? I clearly have been living under a rock because I have no idea what it means.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speaking from experience, if you have a large continuous space with no definitive divisions then it usually looks more cohesive to go with one colour. That being said, you should have a decent amount of natural light with all those windows so you shouldn't have to worry too much about how light/dark the beige is.

    if in doubt, buy some sample pots and slap a little on the wall to see how you feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Macademia is the color we have in our main area. I used to dislike it but it's been growing on me a lot lately. It changes during the day. I do think it's a little more yellowish-beige than greyish-beige. If that helps at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm liking the second one. I think you'll be fine as long as you pull in the right accessories. I'm not a fan of houses with the same color throughout, but to each their own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Kilim Biege .. I think the other one has a darker tint.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the first color, the Macadamia because it seems to have a bit more richness/depth to it. I am a grey girl all the way though, and I think the reason I like it is because it seems to have a little bit more of a grey undertone versus the other one is reading a bit more yellowy (at least on my computer!)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics