Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spring Vignette and Mantel

Finally! Was that a long winter or what?  Spring is here, and apparently so are the April Showers...which I keep reminding myself...
Source
Then sadly, I remembered I didn't even plant May flowers. I did plant a few June flowers. Gah, not good enough. I made a mental note to plant 5,000 tulips for next Spring. I need tulips in my life!

Anyway, my favorite "Spring-y decor" in our house is our entryway.
This old sewing machine table is really beat up, but I kinda like it that way. To create this vignette I shopped my house and the thrift store.

My sweet baby lamby greets guests at the door. I think she fits perfect in the Spring theme.

I took some cheap-o dollar store plastic eggs and mod podged some old book pages to them. Then stuffed them in a mason jar. Done.

I found a few ducks and bunnies at the thrift store and gave them a few coats of silver spray paint.

QUICK STORY: When I posted the above photo on my Instagram, somebunny (my mother) demanded she have the bunny holding the egg for herself. So off to her house this little rabbit went...


EDIT: here is the bunny in his new home, on my mom's kitchen counter.

Anyway, back to the vignette. The chalkboard was an old frame from Family Dollar of all places. I sprayed the frame white then used a little antique gold rub and buff.
Add a spritz of fresh grocery store flowers for a cheap and true spring touch. (If you are smart and planted yourself some tulips, you are lucky, you can use those!)

I love decorating with old books. The funny thing is, I pick them up for a quarter at the thrift store, and my husband ends up reading them. If he knew I ripped out the pages of some to make these eggs he would may or may not be cranky.

My mantel also had a few Spring additions. I made a burlap and lace banner one evening with a girlfriend at our monthly "Wine and Design"

Added a few little bunnies too, and my mantel is ready for Spring!


See my Winter/ New Year Vignette.
See my Fall/ Autumn Vignette.
You can jump back and see my Christmas Mantel right here.

What do you do to get ready for Spring in your house?
Do you have Spring flowers popping up?

11 comments:

  1. Very cute! I like the little lamb on the floor. He's cute.

    I also always have good intentions of planting tulips and never do. We should get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I NEED those ducks and bunnies!!! They are soooooo stinkin' cute!! Great work as always :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo cute! I love your little lamby. And your little bunnies and ducks are so cute in silver. Amazing what a little spray paint can do. :)

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet. I love the newspaper covered eggs. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little spring animals and that banner! So adorable! Makes me think I need some more decor for our house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks cute! I love what you did with your banner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so cute! I have yet to decorate, but now that it actually feels like spring I definitely need to!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics