Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Keeping a Secret from your Spouse

I kept a secret from my husband for a long time.
It was not easy.
It was not fun. 
It was stressful.

I had to pay for things in cash. I had to sneak around on my lunch hour. I had to keep my cell phone in my purse (instead of leaving it on the counter like normal) so he would not accidentally read a text message.

I had to come up with several elaborate stories.  One was trying to explain why my trunk looked like this:


I lost sleep because I would wake up in the middle of the night making to do lists in my head. I had to pretend we had plans that we didn't. I had to make up ridiculous reasons why we couldn't go here or there, or make buy tickets to a concert on Saturday night.

The hardest part was staying calm the week of and relaxing while around him, while I was really stressing about my secret plan.

But it all worked out...
Surprise!

A little blurry, but still fitting.


I surprised my husband with a 30th birthday party.

And cupcakes, and a beer cake. (Beer cake idea was actually crafted by my parents)


And of course, booze. Keg of beer not pictured :)


And most of his family. Even my parents drove 3 hours for his party. 

Adam and his father-in-law.

I think he liked his cake.


Oh, and we had a Nacho Bar. Build your own Chicken Nachos.


All the fixin's.


 I was relieved, he was was super surprised.


Shout out to my friend Lora for her help with setup! I was a crazy chick that afternoon and she kept me sane.

We had a wonderful time. Adam was so surprised he was speechless, which is rare. I'm so thankful for our fabulous family and friends for spending the evening with us celebrating Adam's 30th birthday.

Cheers to 30 years!



Oh hey P.S. Did you know we are having a giveaway?
Enter to win your very own Teak Bench right here!

14 comments:

  1. You two are so cute... Glad you were able to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the sweetest! I'm glad you were able to surprise him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my husband is dying over the beer cake. and i'm all about that nacho bar! great party! happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Successful surprise party! I had one for Phil's 50th and I KNOW the stress you're talking about! It was totally worth it though. You are a beautiful couple! Congrats!

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you're good. I could never keep a secret that long! Good work, wifey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun surprise!! I love the nacho bar idea and the beer cake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the sweetest! I bet your hubby really enjoyed your efforts. That's so nice that family drove for hours to celebrate too! Happy belated birthday, Adam!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics