Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Recipe: Spinach Dip and #GiantFlavor Chips

A week or so ago I hosted a craft night with a friend. We both made a snack to keep our crafting energy up. I had the opportunity to try something brand new with one of my favorite recipes.

I made my favorite spinach dip and served it with the new Green Giant Veggie chips. Green Giant was nice enough to send us Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chip in Garden Ranch and Multigrain Sweet Potato Chip in Barbecue to try out.


Giant Flavor is right!
So here is the skinny on these chips. They are made with real vegetables. They boast 40% less fat than regular potato chips, and only 120 calories per serving for the Sweet Potato Barbecue, with only 10 more calories per serving for the Garden Ranch. Each serving is about 16 chips. That's plenty, these babies fill you up. 

Taste test results:
I tried to The Garden Ranch flavor first because I assumed I would like the most. I thought this one would go best paired with the spinach dip. I was right, they were good. They had a tangy veggie taste, not too salty. No overwhelming ranch flavor. Perfect amount of crunch.  And another important chip test; they were strong enough for dipping. I was able to load up my chips with my delicious dip.
The barbecue was a different story. Although anything with sweet potato is a go in my book...barbecue flavored food is not usually for this girl. I was not interested in trying these at first. These were more up my husband, Adam's alley. He is a barbecue everything sort of man.
Although he begged me to let him open the bag when he saw them sitting on the counter...I insisted he had to wait for the taste testing! To my surprise--I liked the Sweet Potato Barbecue more than the Garden Ranch! They were a sweet, not too smoky, perfect amount of flavor. And much like the Garden Ranch flavor, dip-able! Very important quality for a chip in this house!


Green Giant Garden Ranch and Spinach dip
Overall, I would buy both flavors again. Especially since they are healthier than other chips, but just as tasty…if not better. The only request I would have would be a larger bag, it seems the bags are a little smaller than other bags of chips when I browsed the chip aisle. But on the other hand, my grocery store was selling them for $1.99 a bag, which to me is a fair price. 
I paired the chips with my favorite dip, but I would also munch on these without a dip or salsa. In fact, the few chips that were leftover from craft night, went with me to work the next day for my healthy afternoon snack. 


And now for the recipe for my favorite spinach dip. Seriously, it’s the best. Try it! And you will not be dissapointed if you pair it with these Green Giant chips!

Best Spinach Dip Ever*

Ingredients

  • 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, cooked, cooled & squeezed dry
  • 1 container (16 oz) sour cream
  • 1 c mayo
  • 1 package dry vegetable soup mix
  • 1 can (8 oz) water chestnuts, drained and chopped

Directions

Combine all ingredients and chill for at least two hours. Best if chilled overnight!
Serve with Green Giant chips or sweet bread

Try this recipe!
*Credit goes to Seth for spinach dip recipe. He is the spinach dip saint that introduced me to this spinach heaven. I did not make it up. 

Try this on your next craft night, girls night, movie night.You will only be crabby with yourself for not getting more bags of chips and making a double batch of dip! Yum.


See what we made on our craft night here.
Do you have a go-to dip you make for every event?


I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

17 comments:

  1. You should only be allowed to posts these kind of posts AFTER lunch time.

    So hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luuurve me a good spinach dip. And a good new chip!! And I'm all over anything sweet potato...

    -andi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah they were amazing paired together. I am craving it again already!

      Delete
  3. Oh yum! Now I want chips! Definitely going to have to make your spinach dip soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to make a spinach-artichoke dip all the time. I haven't in a while, but I think I need to revisit that warm, gooey goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmmm I can't wait to try the sweet potato BBQ!! I gotta get on that tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know if you like it! i am not a BBQ girl but they are perfect amount!

      Delete
  6. I adore spinach dip, but I have never made it!

    Those chips are seriously addicting, too. I was shocked I loved teh sweet potato ones as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I would choose them over the garden veggie if i had to.

      Delete
  7. The dip recipe looks so good! I'm always trying to find a good spinach dip recipe that's also easy, so i'm going to try yours! The chips look good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love a good spinach dip! I will definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite spinach dip.. Thanks for sharing this easy recipe... will try tonight.
    http://www.neworleansbarandgrill.com/food/spinach-and-artichoke-dip

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics