Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Two wagons full of goodies!

Husbands are nice to have.
Mine is pretty handsome. He's tall and gets things off top shelves for me. He takes me for ice cream when I'm cranky.  He builds amazing furniture for me. (this too!) He also brings me flowers sometimes...
Flowers from the husband are always nice...especially if you get them for many weeks in a row...which I don't..AHEM Amy @ Buffalo Roam...

One afternoon husband said he got me a present and to come outside....(new car!?)
 And not one. But TWO wagons full of it. All for me.

Nope, obviously, not a new car. And no, not the bales of straw either...
Adam had a buddy who was tearing down an old barn. He asked if we could have some of the wood. He said take it all. So we took everything we could. Two wagon loads full!


It's old, it weathered, it's rustic dreamy goodness...


Did you spot the old barn door under all that good stuff??

The best part...check out these beautiful barn beams. AND SO MANY OF THEM!

I am in love with them.
Can you be in love with wood?

Scout of course had to inspect everything...

We even got some cool old tin.

And after the second wagon was unloaded, we got to take a sit and discuss the future of projects. And the pin board that was already created in my head.

We don't even know what we are going to do with all of it yet. Obviously, I have some ideas:
  • Beams on the ceiling in the basement
  • Shelves
  • A barnwood/rustic bar in the basement
  • build a coffee table after we pick out new furniture
  • patio furniture for the downstairs patio
  • cut out letters out of the tin
I'm sure I can come up with something...


What projects have you made with old barnwood or barn beams?
Does your man bring you unusual presents?

Oh, and as far as the furniture debate goes, leather is the easy winner. But I can't seem to find something I like....that isn't 1 trillion dollars...the search continues..

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet gift! Cannot wait to see what you do with everything. I'd just hang the barn door somewhere as art, it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you do with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice surprise! The beams look like they are in good shape. And I like the idea of cutting shapes/letters out of the metal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love the idea to cut letters out of the tin! Nice. Such a lucky girl with your freebie gorgeous wood! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing!!!! The beams are going to be especially gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know. I think barn wood and beams trumps flowers any day. Good work Mr. Let's Just Build a House.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a HAUL! I'd take that stuff over weekly flowers, probably. (I didn't take a picture of the last bouquet he brought me. It's starting to feel like a lot of flower pictures. lol.) Can't wait to see what you do with all this! Seriously!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to see what you do with all that wood! What an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy free stuff!! That's awesome you guys got your hands on all that wood and tin!! (sorry i've been MIA, life happened, but i'm back!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Moly! That's awesome. I can't wait to see what you guys make with all that. I have never gotten cool truck loads like that, flowers, yes, but not barn wood!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just great. Last month I extended a hanging garage storage for my home. Build with wood, it Looks good as this.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics