Monday, November 12, 2012

Stone Fireplace reveal!

After a long three weeks in the new house, we have internet and television.

We are finally moved in---although the house is far from complete. We are still "roughing it" with only a fridge, microwave, pizza pizzaz and a crockpot.


Here is an example of us roughing it the day after move in:

(before floors, obviously)
Lawn chairs and plastic tubs for furniture and Uncle Buck in the dvd player...thankfully that was only for a week.


SO many more things to update you on!

But when we left off, we were still working on the fireplace. It is finished. And more beautiful than we could have dreamed. My dad did a wonderful job and it makes it even more special that he did this for our home.




Adam think he is being classy by putting his golf trophy up there...

Move in day, which is why we look like bums.

Me and my dad with the finished product.
Scout on the first night "But, when are we going back home??" 

 Stick around, many many updates and photos coming soon to you.

15 comments:

  1. The fireplace looks amazing! I've been looking forward to an update! Can't wait for more! We are in our house, but have been so busy getting things set up, unpacked, etc. I haven't had time to blog! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo I can't wait to unpack! We only have the basics out right now. Can't to see more of your home too so get to blogging lady!

      Delete
  2. Yippee! You're in the house and you're back to the interweb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I have sooo missed the interweb....we are so behind on everything now!

      Delete
  3. The fireplace... Holy cow! Good job dad!!!! It looks great. So glad you guys are moved in and I KNOW you are! Congrats on your new home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I've been checking in to see how you're getting on and so happy to see an update! Your dad did an amazing job and I can't wait to see the rest of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so great! I am incredibly jealous of your fireplace, so wish I had one in my house... Your dad did such a great job on it :) I can't wait to see what else you guys do in the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How does your dad feel about doing another fireplace??? But seriously, how does he feel about that?

    It's looking fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well you are in luck. he told me when he retires soon, he wants to do stonework...just for fun.

      Delete
  8. Moving into an unfinished house - I'm impressed! Can't wait to see the updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am impressing myself too! i had to cook noodles on a grill tonight...it was no easy task let me tell you! but worth it to be here.

      Delete
  9. Looking good! Congrats on being in. It takes a long time to feel settled. What the crap is a pizza pizzaz??

    ReplyDelete
  10. A new house before the year ends? What a great way to welcome 2013! From a construction site to your dream house, you definitely had a good team in building this. We all know how hard house construction is, from floor plans to the construction process itself. I'm glad you successfully went through the stress. How would you describe your experience all-in-all? Elidia @ DaviesConstruction.com.au

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics