Friday, May 4, 2012

House Plans Final!


Finally, I can share the house plans with you. We've been making change after change and I believe we are happy with this layout!

main floor. Click image to enlarge.


We really have not made any changes to the second floor since we first picked the plans. The only changes could be moving things around int he bathrooms, or maybe switching up the closets. The 2nd floor layout below are the originals that were drawn up, so the measurements are not an exact fit to the first floor plans at this time. But you get the idea!

Not many changes since the orignal.
Basically, to pick the plan we ended up buying a bunch of house plan books on Amazon, and scouring the internets. We showed our builder what we liked from about a million different homes, and he whipped up some sketches.  We toyed with moving the stairs to the living room, having an office, and even removing the cathedral ceiling in the living room. But we are happy we didn't do any of those crazy things.

We had many sleepless nights discussing the layout. I mean, this is our forever home. It's only Adam, me, and Scouty now, but we do plan to have a few super cute kids someday.
There were several weeknights we were up at midnight measuring every room in our current house to get a feel for the rooms. We had a few panic-y thoughts that a room was too small, or that we wouldn't have enough room for a dining table.

We consulted with friends, family, and a few professionals to come up with the final draft you see above. And we love it.


So, what do you think? Our favorite part is the living room and kitchen/dining area. I can not wait to sip wine on our back covered porch listening to the creek.

Coming up next week, exterior!

23 comments:

  1. I'm pretty much insanely jealous of all of the room you're going to have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, I am so looking forward to having space! We are so cramped right now in our rental!

      Delete
  2. this is seriously an amazing plan! i can't wait to see it all unfold...i don't know how you contain your excitement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyndsay! I do get really excited, then really overwhelmed haha so I'm trying to keep calm!

      Delete
  3. I think it looks great! I'm so excited for you and Adam, can't wait to see it further underway:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your plans look awesome! Love the open layout! I'm your newest follower, we too are building a house! Just getting started...check out my blog!

    ahouse-ahome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I love other house building blogs! There are like 6 of us, seriously! I will check yours out right now.

      Delete
  5. Hey, those plans are sweet! Really great!
    What are those two walls that come out from the back of the house (one from the master bedroom window, and one from the right corner of the dining room)? Sorry, I'm not an expert plan-reader, but I'm super curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna, those are retaining walls since we will have a walkout basement. You will see them next week when I post the elevation views and they will make a little more sense. I know I get confused easily when looking at this stuff too!

      Delete
  6. Love the layout! I always wanted to build a house, so I'm definitely going to follow along on your house building adventure! Hope it's smooth sailing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following along. I'm sure there will be a few bumps!

      Delete
  7. It has so be so exciting to make all these little decisions! And a back covered porch by a creek sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your plans!! I cannot wait to see this thing come together! Would you mind if I come over and sip some wine with you?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look like lovely home plans. I'll be interested to see pictures as you move forward. The best part is that it sounds like you really love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we do really love it. I'll be sure to keep photos coming.

      Delete
  10. Looks amazing! I don't know how you can even stand the excitement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi new friend. Of course I will follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are amazing! I love the open flow, and that kitchen is going to be fabulous! You won't even know what to do with all that space. Let's have each other over to sip wine on our back porches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look like lovely home plans. I'll be interested to see pictures as you move forward. The best part is that it sounds like you really love it!

    House Plans

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics