Thursday, April 12, 2012

Basement part 2

Photo heavy post of updates!

Footings put in Tuesday.

Tuesday.

And Wednesday--the walls & forms.

I'm so excited for the popouts on the front.


standing near the walkout in the back.


Adam explaining how the process works to me. #clueless

Obviously, they still have a few to finish putting up.


Retaining wall.



Behind garage.

Front porch area.


I really love that I can see all the corners now.

Walkout area overlooking Bishop Creek.

Walkout area.

Can't wait to have parties overlooking this area this fall.

Scout loves digging in the dirt piles.


We measured and marked off where each room would be last night. We were a little nervous because it didn't look big enough. But after measuring each room--and then running to the in-laws to measure their rooms to get idea---we realized we were being silly and the home is actually a little larger than we thought.
We are both acting a little spazzy lately.

They are pouring TODAY! More good stuff coming soon!

14 comments:

  1. oh so exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, so excited for you guys! I know it's been a long time coming - looking forward to all the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching the transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this phase. I was almost in tears because I swore there was no way all of the rooms in our house were going to fit. I could see no way that an entire kitchen was going to fit into what seemed like a very small amount of space. Been there. It'll magically grow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had an OHMYGAWDTHEKITCHENISTOOSMALL moment but then measured his parents kitchen and Loled all the way home at our spaz attack. I don't know why it looks so small to us!

      Delete
  5. I love reading your blog; I think it is so exciting to build a house & I'm sad my husband and I didn't get to choose this route first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good gosh man! Coming right along! It'll look huge, then tiny, then big again, and then too small again. Funny how that works. I'm invited to your parties in the fall, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it ends with just about right!

      And of course you're invited! Illinois isn't that far for a housewarming party! Plus, well have booze. :)

      Delete
  7. WOWZERS. They're really cooking, huh? It's starting to look like a house! I can't wait to sleep on that basement floor once you guys are done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slumber party with rainbow dash is the basement ASAP!!

      Delete
  8. how fun!! we built and designed our house too...we look back at the pictures many times...you will be glad you took them. what a happy fun time!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. eeee! so exciting! having only bought already constructed homes, i am really enjoying watching the progress! although, i must say, i don't know if i would have the patience to be able to wait for it if we were building!!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics