Tuesday, February 28, 2012

houseplans: draft #1983489

Basically, we came up with our house plan by pulling several plans from different books, and websites, and throwing some stuff together to create our own.
We are still making changes, and I have a few ideas that I want to run by our builder, but here is the first floor of our 1 and 1/2 story, walk out basement future home.




These rooms are not exact measurements, in fact I did mostly guessing while creating this on floorplanner.com  I just kind of stuck windows where I think they will be, and it wouldn't let me put cabinets or an island in the kitchen, but we will have both.

I'm thinking of either putting my sink or my cooktop in the island. I can't decide. I'm leaning towards cooktop.


The link above will take you to the website, you can move around and zoom in to look at the plan, and even click the 3d Button to see it better. Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to embed it and our builder has the most recent draft of the blueprint with our scribbles all over it.

We are also still playing around with the walk-in shower and half bath area. So, I just stuck a wall smack down the middle for now. 

Is it bad that we plan to start building this Spring (aka April or May depending on weather) but we are still changing our house plans here and there?

I promise I will share the final plans once we make up our damn minds on all the little things, but you get the basics at the very least!

Any suggestions on adding cooktop or sink in island? Do you agree with me that the walk in closets are too small? Kidding.

P.S. I will get the 2nd floor up very soon!

14 comments:

  1. Love it! Especially the closets! I always dreamed of having the big closet that Sarah Jessica Parker had in the Sex and the City movie. Just beautiful.

    And my thoughts on the island. I like how the look of a small prep sink on an island is. I have seen these used a lot at friends houses and think it is a neat concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could only dream of having Carrie's closet! Adam suggested having one long closet and just having them together in one, I was like UM NO. Mine will be too girly for you Mr!

      Delete
  2. Looks good! I'm sure your builder will give you an absolute deadline when necessary; it's gotta be really hard making the final decisions when it's a custom build.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh as for the cook top, if you can look at cook tops on islands in local show homes or those of friends and family (if any have that style) to see what you like/dislike about the set up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are going next weekend to a home show so I am going to pay close attention.

      Delete
  4. i love it!! what a cool program to zoom around in too :). i would kill for those walk-in closets. As for the island, i am pro-sink in island and not for an in-island cooktop. Mainly because I love the look of a range instead of a cooktop, but also because i love people hanging around the island, chatting, sitting, etc, and i don't like the idea of a hot cooktop there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was so excited to be able to go in 3d mode! I can't wait for my walk-in closet. That and the back porch are the things I look fwd to the most!

      I see your point about the cooktop, the thing about having the sink in the island is 2 things; I'm thinking of having an apron front sink and it would probably look better in the outside cabinets, and the other is dirty dishes...do I want them right there in the island. IDK choices choices!

      Delete
  5. Wowsa!! You are going to have one heck of a house, sister! I can't wait wait wait for you to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The plans are looking good! We changed ours up until the end. No worries.

    Our sink is in our island and I like it. It works well with the flow of our kitchen. I do miss washing dishes while looking out the window though. Weird, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that is super impressive. I'll have to keep that program in mind for future projects. I have my sink in my island and did at our last house as well. One thing I really like is to keep the sink at one side as opposed to centered so that there's a really big chunk of working space as opposed to 2 smaller areas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool! What a fun project to just sit down and design a house. I wish I could tweak things and slightly move walls in our house, but my husband seems to think that's an unrealistic request, given that it's already built and everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting to design your own house! Oh I do envy you...What a great adventure you are on! Can't wait to watch your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That's a fabulous plan! That master bath is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey...we did our preliminary drawings in floorplanner also!!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from our readers! Please comment and tell us what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow on Bloglovin
Web Analytics